If you have any queries about this policy, please get in touch using the contact details set out in section 9 of this policy and we will do our best to answer your questions.
For further information about the New Zealand Privacy Act and how it protects personal information in New Zealand, we recommend you visit The Office of the Privacy Commissioner website.
1. The information we collect
We collect the following types of information from you:
Personal Contact Information: this may include your name, email address, postal or physical address and telephone/mobile number. If you choose not to provide your contact details, we’ll be unable to get in touch to provide further information about our news, promotions, and events.
Additional Information: sometimes we may request further information from you e.g. demographic information.
Aggregated Data: this is information generated by the systems that manage our websites and provide statistics on traffic to our websites (e.g. Google Analytics). It is not personalised data and is not linked to the personal contact information you provide to us via the online forms on any of our sites.
We may keep a record of data which is logged automatically by our Internet Service Provider’s (ISP) servers, and which we analyse. This includes your IP address, the URL you visited before ours, the URL you visit after leaving our site and which pages you visit on our site. We do not store or analyse this data in a way that identifies any individual.
2. When and how we collect your personal information
Via our website www.hawkesbayfarmersmarket.co.nz
We collect your personal contact information when you complete the email sign up form on our website.
As mentioned in section 1, we sometimes request additional information via our website registration forms to help tailor the information we provide to you.
Via other contact methods;
We also ask for and collect your personal contact information when you:
- enter a competition,
- complete a survey at the market.
3. How we use the information we collect
We use the personal contact information you have provided to:
- provide you with the information you have requested,
- send you information about promotions, events etc. that may be of interest to you (see the further information below),
- obtain your feedback on our markets,
- notify you about important changes or developments at the market.
We use the aggregate data generated when you visit any of our websites to:
- conduct analysis on how you interact with out website,
- improve and develop our websites and services for you and future visitors to the site.
4. Who we share this information with
5. Retention of information
We retain your personal contact information indefinitely, unless you “unsubscribe” from our services or contact us by email or telephone and request us to remove it.
We store your personal information on a secure electronic database. If you “unsubscribe” from our services or contact us by the means outlined above and request us to remove your details, we will permanently delete your personal information file from this system.
When you visit any of our websites (as outlined in section 2), we may store some information (known as a “cookie”) on your computer. Cookies are small files that a website transfers to your hard drive to provide information such as your Internet Provider (IP) address, the operating platform you are using (e.g. Mac or Windows, desktop or mobile), the browser you are using to view the site (e.g. Chrome or Safari) and what domain you are accessing our website from.
- understand how our websites are being viewed to help us update and improve them,
- allow you to use certain parts of our websites without having to re-enter your details every time,
- remember your preferences e.g. to not display a notification message that you have closed.
7. Opting in, Opting out, and Unsubscribing
You will always have the option to opt in to receive certain information/services and to opt out or unsubscribe at any time.
If you wish to unsubscribe from all our mailing lists, you may do so at any time by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link which features at the bottom of all our e-newsletters or by email or writing to us as out registered office.
You may also contact us to ask us to update or correct your details.
9. How to contact us regarding this policy and/or the information we hold
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be updated or corrected at any time.
If you would like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it updated or corrected, please contact us at:
Hawke’s Bay Farmers’ Market
Tomoana Showgrounds Hawke’s Bay